Eating for Crohn’s & Colitis Remission Program
Dear IBD Warrior,
• Are you tired of endless nights of reading contradictory nutrition information for IBD online?
• Are you feeling confused about what to eat, and has this resulted in a limited diet, weight loss, and/or fatigue?
• Do you want to know what science is discovering about diet for IBD, with reliable sources?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, know that you’re not alone — That’s why I’ve created a program specifically for people with IBD!
Nutrition can reduce symptoms and help you achieve remission!
Nutrition is meant to complement your medical treatment to help you lower your inflammation and manage your day-to-day symptoms.
I can provide you with the information and tools you need to learn what foods to add to your eating plan.
Introducing the Eating for Crohn’s & Colitis Remission Program
This 8-week hybrid program is designed to share the latest research on nutrition for IBD, so you can find out what food and nutrition information really works!
With recipes, resources, and customized support, you’ll have everything you need to eat for Crohn’s and colitis remission and stay there longer.
How it Works
- 8 short, actionable modules
- 1 hour private session each month (total of 2)
- Monthly office hours for additional personalized support
- Recipes and resources
- 7-day meal plan
Topics of the Course
Each module will provide an opportunity to learn about the latest research on a nutritional topic for IBD:
- What is Inflammatory Bowel Disease, what are the potential causes of the condition, and why does food matter for symptom management and prevention
- How the microbiome changes in IBD, what that means, and what we can do to improve it
- The latest food science research about anti-Inflammatory foods
- How and when to incorporate these into your eating plan
- Foods and ingredients that may be inflammatory and when it may be best to avoid them
- Navigating grocery store shopping and eating out at restaurants
- Research-backed dietary patterns for Crohn’s and UC
- Sample meal plans that fits these dietary patterns
- Nutrient absorption sites in the intestine and why we care
- How to manage diarrhea and constipation with diet
- Fiber: when to go low and when to go high
- Foods that contain commonly needed nutrients for Crohn’s and UC
- Amount of nutrients required to prevent deficiencies
- How to know when supplements are needed
- Food tips and suggestions to follow during a flare
- Foods not recommended
- 3 Sample Menus provided
- Hydration requirements: how much fluid you need and how to rehydrate during bouts of diarrhea
- Gentle exercise recommendations to keep you feeling strong
- Tips for creating a sleep schedule that works for you and help you heal
- Precision Nutrition, Nutrigenomics, and Nutrigenetics
- Wrapping up and putting together all of the pieces
Recipes and Handouts
After each module, you’ll be provided with helpful resources and recipes that will help you apply this information to your daily life!
Different guts tolerate different foods differently with IBD. Let’s tailor the program to your specific situation and lifestyle!
During your first 60-minute session, we’ll come up with a crystal-clear game plan to move forward, customizing recommendations for you and your gut!
In the follow-up 60-minute session, we can continue to revise the game plan as needed.
Monthly Office Hours
Each month you'll be invited to a group zoom session for additional personalized support.
Can't attend the monthly office hours live? Don't worry - you're welcome to submit your questions in advance, as well as have access to the recorded virtual sessions.
Danielle has a lot of knowledge and a lot of research behind that knowledge. This program changed my life – like I don't even remember when my last flare up was. It’s worth the price, the time, and the effort!” - IS
As weeks went by and I made changes to food choices, meals, brands, and adding variety, I noticed my energy levels getting better as well as my outlook. The meal interventions allowed me to gain control over my health and that momentum carried over into other areas of wellness like sleep and exercise to name a few." - SE
After the program, I’m feeling more confident about food choices. Definitely been listening to my body more and knowing what things I should avoid or limit. It has been telling me all along I just wasn’t listening. I do notice feeling better when I stay hydrated, eat smartly and pay attention to what I put into my body rather than just eating whatever’s in front of me." - MA
Now I am more confident about my food choices. Sometimes it’s still hard to give up certain foods that I know will make me sick. But I’m getting better. I am more empowered and know what foods and ingredients to avoid. I am much better off health wise.” – SW